Old 01-18-11, 07:40 PM
slowleak
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The forks look fine to me, maybe just a bad angle in the pic?
I went over and gave the seller the rest of the cash tonight, I did notice a small gold ribbon decal down below the dealer sticker that reads Made in Taiwan not Japan. There's a top part of the decal rubbed off, it appears to read Toyoda something but most of that part of the decal is gone, partially covered up by the dealer label which has curled up a ruined part of the gold label. He finished stripping the frame down and was washing it all out with mineral spirits and clearing out all the old grease. The new crankset has a cartridge type bottom bracket with it. He's also installing a Tange headset vs what was on the bike since the new shifters clamp to the stem not under the headset nut. He didn't like the way it looked with a stack of washers in there. The chrome Tange headset looks better anyway. He also has a set of Dai Compe G side pull brakes he was going to install but I prefer the center pulls as they're easier to keep from dragging. He tossed those in the box with the old parts, he said if I don't want them, he'll just toss them, so I guess I'm getting the old parts too.
He said all the parts he's using on this came from a new old stock Schwinn Letour he stripped that was damaged in shipping. The wheels came from an older Viscount. It was the only set of good alloy wheels he had for that width frame.