View Single Post
Old 05-31-05, 04:45 PM
teamawe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by my58vw
I talk longer to recover than most people do due to my body taking longer to rebuild muscles that are torn apart during a hard ride. My medical issues are more related to core strength than endurance though.

I now know why I have such a hard time in crits... the constant accelerations wear down my muscles and I can not recover fast enough. Now since I have built up more core strength I can hang with the pack and if I can get a jump I can get off the front. I love hearing though about people who can go out and do very well in their first races. I just know it will take me a while to get there... I guess for now I am just a slow responder...
Um, you've been riding less then a year right? Unless you have had a doctor tell you that you suffer from an ailment, your only 'medical issue' is that you are average. There is a reason so many folks talk about the one hard, one soft, one off, rinse repeat schedule.

Its called 'cycling' for more then one reason, strength (on the bike) comes in cycles. NOBODY is strong all the time and I mean NOBODY. Those who do well recognize that when they are off accept it, enjoy the ride, knowing that by taking it easy you are building up for the next time you are 'on'.

You are young and come across as thinking that because you have ambition that it will propell you past what others have had to earn, sorry to break it to ya, it just doesnt work that way for most of us. You get to put in your years just like the rest of us only to realize that to make gains is hard. Some people picked better parents and are genetic freaks enabling them to do things on a bike, in a race car, running a marathon, fill-in-the-blank, naturally and with seemingly little effort. We all have something we are exceptional at, unfortunatly its rarely where we might wish it to be.