boulder74

Bikes: Roubaix Pro Carbon, Marin 29er Full suspension, 1990's Trek hard-tail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aobrien

So here are my options:

1. Buy a new frame, probably a new Giant from Ebay and follow that with a new wheelset and transfer all the parts over to the new frame.

2. Buy a new entry level bike such as a Hardrock or something along the 450-550 price point and exchange all the things I don't like about the bike with the ones I do like from the Rincon.

3. Buy a bike higher in my price point 700-750ish and leave it alone and ride it. A local shop has a 2010 Gary Fisher Marlin in stock and it looks to be the best deal at just over 680.

So any advice? I'm open to just about anything in that price point, 26 or 29 inch tires although I've never been on a 29.

Where should I start?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

I'd go with option #3, I had a Specialized Rock Hopper that I bought heavily used from a local college student for $150 and beat it to death over 2 years. Then I spent the $$ and got a Trek hard tail (26"er) and have been punishing that for over a decade and it keeps coming back for more.

My point is, if you know you're going to ride it, spend a little extra and get a higher quality bike that'll stand the abuse, otherwise you'll be back shopping in a few years.