qmsdc15
Banned

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plutonix View Post
Those are great tires. They were on my short list and cheaper than the Michelins.
There were some negative comments about these tires when they were mentioned here in the past. They are very good for resisting punctures, but the rubber might not provide the same traction as some other tires. My only complaint is the tread comes off the tire before it's worn through. They don't seem to last as long as they could, but I don't track mileage, so not sure about that.

I bought Schwalbe Marathon 26x1.5 to try after the Specialized wear out. The Scwalbes get a lot of high praise here on BikeForums, but the preferred models are the Marathon Plus and Marathon Supreme. Although I didn't spend a lot of time looking, I couldn't easliy find a vendor that carried those in the size I wanted, so I went with the base model. While I like the Specialized, I'm looking forward to trying the Scwalbes. I'm not sure if I'll notice much difference though.

If you want to try something narrower, Continental Gatorskins come in 26x1.125 (about 28.5mm). The 700 x 28 Gatorskin is the tire I have on my hybrids. http://www.amazon.com/Continental-Ga...6088791&sr=8-1