Old 01-30-11, 10:29 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlueToe
I like normal bike water bottles (24 oz.) When the big BPA scare hit last year I did some research. Everything I found said that the type of plastic used in bike water bottles was BPA free. Thank goodness. I kept using them. I also rinse mine and refill before every ride, and every month or so I run them through the dishwasher, then rinse well before refilling. I haven't died y......
mind you, there is that little anomaly of a certain odd coloured appendage....

in the end, I use regular old bike bottles too, change out the water and use one of those squiggley bristle thingees to clean them well on the inside--yes its kinda gross in the hot sun when water gets hot too and sometimes plasticy tasting, but I often had a 1 liter nalgene wrapped in an insulating soft case (for cross country skiing too) in my pannier. I guess there are , as mentioned, insulated ones nowadays that are better, but I do like getting a good gulp by squeezing when I need it and/or have been too lazy cheap to buy fancy ones (plus, in my family, stuff goes missing from others family members using them or forgetting them somewhere, so am hesitant to buy nice ones...they will just disappear)