Bike Forums - View Single Post - So I ordered those Ortlieb Back Rollers from Best Buy; now I'm torn
Old 01-31-11, 06:09 AM
theramon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runningscared80 View Post
I also have received two backordered emails. I am a member at REI. I have decided to give it 90 days. I understand that this is an insanely long amount of time, but the deal is insanely good. I have heard other people say that their customer service reps they spoke to said they would be back in stock 02/08/2011 so who knows.

I think if you give it enough time the deal will pull through.

As for the scratch and dent sales. They are awesome. The bike stuff is usually really good because not as many people rush to the bike section. I have got lots of really good stuff for super cheap. About 7 different makes and models of saddles for 3 bucks each, a joe blow floor pump for 15, and a VDO Z1 bike computer 179 new for 6 bucks. Deals to be had for sure.
Did you order the white pair? One customer service hinted that if the product has been taken off the website, then they will no longer be able to receive them. That's what made me decided to look elsewhere. I checked their website, and the only ones are the Black/Yellow (with the wrong picture). And pretty much everyone who said they received them ordered black from what I've read.

So unfortunately I'm not overly optimistic about receiving them at all. 90 days may change everything - but do make sure you call every 30 or they will cancel your order for you; at least that's what they told me.