View Single Post
Old 02-01-11, 01:04 AM
M.Alex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Need help with Gazelle Champion Mondial

I've been talking to someone for about two weeks now about purchasing his Gazelle Champion Mondial frame and was wondering if anyone here could help me look through the images to see if they can find anything wrong with the frame.

His description.
Rare 70s Gazelle Champion Mondial road frame. 54cm c-t-c top tube, 53.5cm seat tube c-t-c. Reynolds 531 tubing (decals on frame and fork legs). Stunning deep cherry paint with white accents. Older long Campy dropouts and fork ends (eyeletted), beautiful Bocama lugs with white pinstriping, incredible rear brake bridge. Awesome flat crown pointed fork crown with curved tangs. Paint has very few chips or imperfections, especially for a bike of this vintage. All decals in perfect shape. Steerer in perfect shape with no corrosion at all. Really stunning wraparound seatstay lugs. 27.0mm seat tube diameter. Stamp on BB reads "Gazelle 317057". English threaded BB shell.
Here are the images.

A couple more images in his listing, http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/2184667371.html

I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions for parts I should consider to build it up as a single speed.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.