Old 06-01-05, 01:27 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Folks,there's no evidence a gang was involved in this incident. I mentioned seeing the graffiti to highlight the fact that you have to be aware of your surroundings. Bad guys like quiet places to do bad things,and most trails qualify. Alot of trails are also near enough to where the bad guys are for them to use them. Back where I grew up in PA,the only real concerns I'd have about being out in the woods would be a bear or maybe a snake. But here in the DC area,the mere fact that back country trails have gang graffiti ratchets up the danger level.

The whole point of my posting was to raise awareness about a potential danger on the trails that didn't seem to get much discussion,not start a political debate. I think that when most of us ride the trails,we're either alone or in a very small group,we're quite a distance from any police/medical assistance,and we're engaging in an activity that uses up most of our physical energy. Think about the last hill you cranked up that kicked your butt. By the time you got to the top,you prolly couldn't wrestle a pre-schooler,much less defend yourself against an attacker,until you got your second wind.

Basically,what I'm trying to say is,let's be careful out there.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X