View Single Post
Old 02-01-11, 02:29 PM
ullearn

Bikes: Homemade Custom Tourer, EPX 303, Schwinn Homegrown, Trek 7.3 FX, Robinson SST, Trek Fuel EX7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctyler View Post
I think people would also like to know how to pack a camera and accessories so the equipment survives the trip and weather.

In addition, what's the best way to get images from the camera to a web site; laptops, netbooks, iPad, etc. I also think people would benefit from tips on taking better photographs; framing, vantage point, using the camera's self timer or remote release. Perhaps how to secure the camera to the bicycle so one can shoot while riding.
+1

I am planning to take my Nikon D40 and my 18-55 lens, but may also take my 55-200 lens though not sure I will use it; any tips like that would help if I need both?

I am also thinking of taking a mini HD video camera like the gopro or flip with wide angle filming, so looking for video edit software and home made handle bar mount (built a $0.86 one but need to test it).

Also I am searching for a cheap multiple purpose waterproof bag to sit on my Surly Nice front rack? Thinking a softsided mini-cooler with maybe my camera equipment in a zip-lock or other water tight case inside

So any tips on how to solve these types of problems would be nice.