Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Bikes: I have five of brikes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
Re: bullhorns, what and where did you get? Been kicking around the idea of swapping for either the Nashbar Trekking (but seems to be out of stock more than in) or some bullhorns. Only thing is that I currently have grip shifters and don't know if the pods will slide around the curve...
I got the Nitto bullhorns online from niagra cycles. Kinds pricey at 50 bucks, but they're great lightweight bars. As for gripshifts, I don't think youll get them around the bends. My old bar setup had gripshifters, but I picked up some shimano rapid fires because I didn't really like the grip shifters anyway. They were hard enough to work around the bends as it was, so I think getting gripshifters on would be out of the question. Also if you do go the bullhorn route you'll have to get reverse pull levers if you want the brakelevers out on the horns.

The conversion was about 150 bucks all in, but it's totally worth it for me. Now that the bike is stritcly just a street bike, I LOVE having my main hand position to be parallel to the direction of travel as opposed to a flat bar.