Old 02-06-11, 01:10 AM
WHOOOSSHHH...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ilovecycling
Thanks guys and gal.

To be honest, I don't like the bar tape one bit. Not enough cushion at all and I can't say I'm crazy about the Fi'zi:k logo that runs through it. I much prefer the Deda foam tape I installed on my Trek right before I sold it. I'll wait until I get the Red levers before I switch it out though. I'll probably go with the Deda tape again, unless y'all have any better suggestions!

Do you think I made the right choice with the white pedals? They had black ones available there, and I was tempted to go with them, but then took the mechanics advice to go white. I'm not sure I need another white accent on the bike.

By the way, the S-Works shoes are amazing! I have wide feet and was worried they would be too tight, but they are very accommodating shoes. Except for being a little snug in the mid-foot, they feel great overall. Not nearly as narrow as Sidi (non-mega) or Mavic shoes. I hardly notice them on my feet. They feel like slippers. Excellent product IMO. They had the neon green/yellow color, and I almost went with them but decided to stick with the white and black ones. The white and black ones match the bike perfectly, but something is telling me to go back and exchange them for the yellow pair.
Remember if a little snug now, may mean a bit tight when the temp's rise, and your feet swell. I have wide feet feet also, and must say that Specialized work for me. Great looking bike, and +1 on the Deda tape. Also Specialized makes some nice feeling, and looking blue tape! Contes and the folks are good people to deal with. Nice shop to visit for anyone in the D.C area. Has a running shop inside also and good mechanics.