View Single Post
Old 02-07-11, 04:03 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
stapfam might be right for the things he tries to source, but I haven't had any significant issues with my orders.

It's part of a strategy of forward thinking. I have done quite a lot of business with CRC. They do have one weakness in listing items and prices that are discontinued, for instance. But there are clues in the listings before you actually get to the ordering stage as to part status. And they list when stock is due in, and you can get email notifications when it does arrive.

Wiggle even has an in-stock indicator on its listings.

As I said earlier, there is no point in shopping if you are desperate. You will always pay a premium or be disappointed -- premium at an LBS, or disappointed with out-of-stock items.

There also needs to be an understanding that right now is the Northern Hemisphere winter, so stock will be wound down when business is much slower.

I plan ahead and do a lot of comparative browsing before homing in on deals. My sources include eBay stores and private sellers, Wiggle, CRC, PBK, Torpedo7 and others.

Unfortunately, the insanely nasty postage/freight charges from the US preclude me automatically from considering operators such as Nashbar, Performance, et al.