Old 02-07-11, 03:52 PM
myrridin
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jethro56
As far as loose skin is considered I was really concerned about it until the last month. I've noticed a big improvement with the last 8 lbs I've lost. I read somewhere that one must get really low bodyfat in order for the skin to tighten up. There may be something to this.
This is what I have garnered from my research. The body stores body fat in different places, depending upon a number of factors. Getting one's body fat percentage down to the < 10-15% range, should cause the skin to retract to a more normal size. That said skin does lose resiliency with age, so it is possible that older folks may not recover fully.

Personally, I don't care if it does or doesn't. I was perfectly happy with my weight as it was. I just wasn't happy being told I was going blind--diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy. The change in lifestyle has managed to get my A1C down to 4.5. The doctor credits the Januvia, I place the lions share of credit on dietary and exercise changes along with weight loss. When I get close to my goal weight, I plan to ween myself off the Januvia and see if my A1C and blood glucose stay in the healthy range.

That said I am still very sore from my fall on Friday. First time I've fell on the ice and not had an ample derrier take the brunt of the impact... Not fun. Just received some strap on ice cleats for my shoes so this doesn't happen again. Maybe in a few days I will be able to sleep in my bed again... I think I am going to try resuming exercise again tomorrow... Even sore it doesn't feel right not to ride/walk...