Ironhand

Bikes: Trek SU200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wogsterca
Welcome to the herd....

The SU200 is a good, getting started bike, it's fine for booting around town, as I have said before and will say again, this is your first bike, it's not your last bike, let me explain that, as you get stronger and lighter and want to go further, faster you will add to the bicycle collection. A good investment is a proper fitting, the better a bicycle fits, the more likely you are to ride it. The first two things most people replace on a bicycle are the saddle and the tires. A saddle can be a literal pain in the a**, if it is, change it out, don't assume that the foot wide pillow-top saddle will be comfortable. They usually are, but only for short rides, and even if your derriere is wide, that doesn't mean you need a wide saddle. What a lot of riders do is they get a professional fitting done, this will adjust the bike to fit the rider. Do not be surprised though if the fitting cost more then the bike did, if they need to change out parts.

I'm not surprised by any of this. I bought the SU200 as a way of getting the weight off first, and as time and finances allow,getting a better set of wheels. I eventually want another road bike, as even though my old Perigee was low-tech compared to some of the rod bikes today, I absolutely LOVED the speed and handling! I figure I will pass on the SU200 to my 14 year old son when I finally upgrade.

Got my helmet today, and the bike's at Trace Cycle in Pasquo getting a tune-up.