Thread: too many fluids
View Single Post
Old 06-02-05, 03:18 PM
Spanky4142

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well if you are thirsty, Drink. If you are not then don't.. First you need to look at your daily activities. If you work outside in the hot sun, you need to drink more than someone in an AC office.. Always start drinking fluids at least two hours before a long ride. During a long work out, Keep notice of how much you sweat and try to drink a little more than that. If you ever stop sweating, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING and get in the coolest place you can find and call for help. You could be having a heat stroke. Also, during the day, look at your urine. If it's dark yellow and you are not taking anything that can make it that color, chances are that you could be dehydrated. On the other hand, if you drink alot during the day and your urine is clear as water, you are over hydradted. I am not a doctor but I am an EMT-P. I see this all the time in the summer months with all types of patients. Our medical director is the one that pointed this out to me and it holds to be true. He also is an avid Biker!!!! I am new with the diet thing and biking too but this is somthing that you can trust me on !!!
Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by Spanky4142; 06-02-05 at 05:40 PM.