View Single Post
Old 02-13-11, 06:59 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
First Group Ride!!!!

Since the onset of the joint issues. We have a small group that rides on Tuesdays/Thursdays in the pm when DST is in effect. We met at one of the riders houses yesterday and did a 65 mile loop from there. The conditions were tougher yesterday as the winds in the afternoon were probably around 15 mph.

Last summer I was always pushed out front and lead the group around for 35-40 miles. It was a terrific way to push up the anerobic levels doing intervals while the others sat on wheels. It was always a great workout for them and for me.

I learned yesterday that I have a long, long, long way to get back to riding form. After 35-40 miles I repeatedly got dropped. Every incline felt like a mountain and I just could not hang on their wheels.

Now I'm really unclear as to how long it's going to take to get back to doing rides with real hills. It especially throws a kink into trying to plan for the mountain tours in Colorado this summer. It was very reminiscent of my first days/year on a bike.

At least it was a good day to burn off more of the winter coat I've been wearing. And at least I was back out on the bike and on the road again!