Old 02-14-11, 09:41 PM
dahut
Ridin' South Cackalacky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
OK here is the deal. Every January I zero out the bike computers and put new 2032 battery's in them. My HR monitor straps use a 2032 battery, so does the wireless cadence sensors, as well as my latest purchase of a Power Tap. All the devices have the same battery type in common, that's good thinking on someone's part. What I don't get is the slot on the device's battery cover. A nickle or quarter works very nicely to get the cover open. I carry extra 2032 batteries in my cycling bag and seat pouch to replace them as needed.

Here is my beef. I don't always have a quarter or nickle and the multi-tool doesn't have the ability to open the cover. Why can't the brainiacs who design and program those complex, well thought out devices, size the slot on the battery cover fit a 2032 battery? It would only need to be a little bit wider allowing the battery to be utilized as the tool needed to open the cover. Think about this. When you need to replace a 2032 battery what do you have in your possession when you change it? Why a 2032 battery of course! I believe the average Joe has a significantly lower chance of having a nickle in his hand and no battery when he goes to change the battery.

OK rant over, I feel better now.

Yes, I already increased the weight of my already overstuffed saddle bag with a couple nickles. Pretty soon I'll have enough supplies in the bag to call it an "overnight saddle bag".
Get a mototool and a sanding disc and open up the slots yourself?

As to your question, Id say you're not too cranky...