Old 02-18-11, 05:48 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
A Clyde's Wife, Give and Thou Shall Receive!

Oh what a life when the wife rides too! all those years of riding and competing with friends trying to prove who was the most macho of the bunch. Well, I got tired of winning.

One day I went home and wondered why I do what I do when the wife is sitting at home watching I Love Lucy reruns while I was out having fun. So revaluated my routine and said, "that's it, you're riding with me!" My friends laughed, evne made comments about wasting my time and money on a bike for the wife cause "they just don't ride"! OF course my opinion is that if you give your wife a POS bike with a POS saddle and POS shorts, yeah, she aint gonna like to ride. My view is that they did whatever they could to kep their wives from riding. I'm the opposite, I really want her to ride with me!

To this day, Gina is still riding after 12+ years and they have since retired. Probably at home watching I Love Lucy with their wives while Gina is still on the bike! So a few years go by and Gina's son gets sick and need a kidney transplant. We kicked up the mileage, even did a century the week before the doantion. She tests and everything is great. Doc's commented on how healthy and strong her organs are.

So she's back on the bike after a couple of months but doing easier paced 40 milers on the trail. I'm surprised she's riding at at all! As it works out, al the riding and exercise that I've involved her inreally paid off.

So Last week she comes home and says, "guess what I got?" It take a guess and she says yeah, but I aint touching that till after dinner haha!(that's another thread) So she pulls out a check and says, " al the managers at work got an unexpected bonus! $1,000 !

Great, let's go hit up the mall sand you can buy yourself some clothes. She doesn't want to, she wants to wait til the next day to take me to the bikestores. For what? I don't need anything other than a roll of rim tape. So we ride then she insists on getting the ride overwith so that we can hit up the shops. Sweetheart, I don't need anything! We do go so that I can get the rimstrip but when we are there, she insists on buying me stuff. I don't need anything! Yes you do. She picked up a couple of jerseys, one to replace my worn beat up yellow jersey and another color she liked. OK fine. Then she says get some tubes too. Then she picks up a pair of gloves. I don't need them but she is always complaining about my beat up smelly gloves. Geeze, she practically twisted my arm.

I'm cheap, so the $20 jerseys will last me another 7 years as I'm just not into fancy expensive bike stuff. Then she goes shopping for herself and pick up the stuff she needs, new clothes, purse etc. She spent aobut $70 at the bike store on me and I do feel bad cause it's her bonus, she earned it and I dont want anything from it. But, she literally forced me.

So now I feel funny cause like I said, it's her money. But today she goes to the doctor for a yearly exam, you know the female stuff etc. Docs and nurses take her vitals and ask "WHAT IN THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?". She asks what do you mean? Your vitals are excellent, they are beautiful, perfect, you are in darn good shape!

She was so happy when she came home! She laughed and giggled for an hour! Then she said, "it's all the bike riding that we do isn't it?". I'm so happy she said. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that getting her out on the bike was one of the best things I've ever done! Heck, now I don't feel so bad about taking a couple of cheapo jerseys in return.

Nice to know your wife is in great health!

I like to get into shape every 2 or 3 years or so to compete with some buds but nothing, NOTHING compares to riding with the wife!

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 02-18-11 at 05:54 PM.