SamHouston
Good Afternoon!

Bikes: Various by application

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raiyn
Oh my stars and horrors! Someone's afraid of getting dirty!
That SOMEONE was me Sparky.
The zip tie is there to help route the cable much like you use them to route a computer wire for when you're trying to match Lance's cadence in your spandex roadie fantasies.
I mock your carbon brake as it is totally impractical for any real world application. Primitive? Ha! Let's see who can stop better you elitist hack.

Just as a side note how about you post a picture of your REAL bike.
Well don't get em' all in a twist over a response that wasn't insulting. I've probably posted a few pics of my own different rides in the fixed forum, and no it's not mine, my road bike costs about half as much as any kind of carbon campy delta setup.

However you asked someone to argue the aesthetic of your arrangement and that's what happened. Like I said, from a MTB perspective it's fine, from a road perspective it's not and the thread is about -road- disc brakes. I don't use a computer btw, I'm not a roadie, I'll ride anything and have. I do wear lycra not spandex in road and off-road races when I'm lucky enough to participate but then again I believe in the right tool for the right job. For instance if I did as you and decided to argue with someone on the internet I might mention that riding the road is a real world application and then falling back on the whole "right tool for the right job" invite you to attempt a race on the road from 50yds to 100 miles you on your MTB and a rider of equal ability on a road bike and see how it turns out. How;s this for a real world application? I picked and dropped 14 packages today logging around 27k then went home had lunch and went to work at my other day job. I was on the road and surprisingly enough on a road bike although I've done the job in the real world on MTB(11), cyclo(1), fixed(1), road(5), touring(1), SS(1), hell I even once commuted into downtown on my wifes SS cruiser. You want to limit yourself that is your business.

relax, remember the question, breathe....you asked aesthetics, no one was out to get you.