XLTKID

Bikes: None Yet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie with questions

Hi Everybody!
I am really happy to be here! Just found this site 2 days ago. Where do i begin? About me, i am a male. 46 years old, almost 6 foot tall and weigh, 261 pounds. I started researching bike riding 2 days ago, thursday, i actually stayed up all night just researching.

I am over weight, i know that. I thought it was funny what my doctor told me. She said, "your not overweight, your obese". OK, thank you. I have been on many diets, lost some but gained back. I am 9 pounds away from being at my heaviest. That is not good. I have had depression and everything else lately.

I lost my job 6 weeks ago due to cutbacks, ever since that, i have gained 10 pounds! I do not have a car, i would walk to the bus stop every day, at work i was always on my feet. One hooby of mine is metal detecting, that has helped me.

My last diet, i was on for 10 days, and only lost 1 pound. I ate all the good foods, but did not exercise. Starting a new and better plan for march 1st. I think bike riding will lose more calories than me walking. I don't plan to run yet until i lose more weight.

Like others who have posted here, i need your help and advice on how i can make bike riding a regular daily activity, advice on how to lose weight, how to exercise etc.

My mom has diabetes, and afraid i will too if i don't jump start my butt. I am really excited about starting a new and improved lifestyle, but need help as to how to go about it.

I can not afford a bike right now, but will be able to in a month. After doing some research, i am liking the Trek 7100 right now. Money is an issue since i just applied for unemployment for the first time in my life. All this time on my hands, i want to do it trying to improve my life and health. I want to get out everyday and do what i must to make changes.

My plan was to go to wally world and buy that $99 beach cruiser, after reading for 2 days, i know that is not for me. With my weight, the spokes will break etc. Please advise me on the bike i stated, will that be good for me?

Sorry for the long post people, i just wanted to explain myself, and what i want to do, and what i need to do. Please reply back with any help and advice you can give me. I want to lose at least 60 pounds and get under that 200 level. Even at 46, i am a very energetic person since not having a car for 8 years.

Thank You for having me here, i look forward to your replies and e-mails. Oh Ya, i guess i should mention i LOVE beer! Guess that is not good. Thanks!!
George