View Single Post
Old 02-20-11, 09:05 AM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheelmonkey View Post
Okay, so y'all convinced me to not custom build the bike, then when I met with my LBS and had a long discussion about my plans & needs, turns out a better fit for me might be a Specialized Sirrus Expert. So crazy how I keep changing my mind as I get more information and options. This forum is really great for all that kind of help though. Thanks everyone - I will keep you posted. I'm about 90% sure about the Sirrus now though!
Seems to me the problem is that you aren't test riding these bikes so picking is bound to vary according to conversations. Curious why you are switching from drop bars to swept back bars or straight bars with bar ends coming from the Roubaix. My impression is that the Tri-Cross would be a good choice for a "do all" bike where 80% of your riding is unladen with some light touring. What I don't understand about the Sirrus is the very steep seat angle when the bar position is level with the seat. I haven't ridden one though.
When you say "commuting" will a rear rack be a constant with occasional panniers thrown on or will you be riding with a messenger bag?