Old 02-20-11, 10:55 AM
lexm
Erudite white trash

Bikes: Rivendell Clem Smith, Jr. Low, Rivendell SimpleOne, Schwinn Super Sport ('87), Velo Orange Campeur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raxel
Can anyone give me rough inner dimension of the airporter case?
I want to check whether TSR will fit hard cases for S&S separable bikes (Which is slightly more expensive than airporter but a lot more rugged I think)
The Dahon Airporter's exterior dimensions are: 690mm (26") x 850mm (33.5") x 350mm (13.75"). I'd take about 1.5" off each to get the interior dimensions.

Before you dismiss the Airporter, I found its depth (the 13.75" measurement) to be a great help because I could add extra layers of padding (cardboard, towels, the included foam/nylon sheets) to the outside of the bike and between the bike halves. For what it's worth, the bike came out of the flight back from California completely unscathed.

I note on the Dahon website two developments that may be of interest. First, they have a new, 2011 Airporter boasting a reinforced frame and a handle more like regular rolling luggage. Second, they seem to have an Airporter II intended for their 26"-wheeled bikes.

Last edited by lexm; 02-20-11 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Adding links.