View Single Post
Old 02-22-11, 10:31 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well I'm just upset

Making a long story more boring. In 2007 I had some swelling and pain issues in my right knee. Went to see the Ortho doc, MRI done and she says its a slight tear in the meniscus, barely visible on the MRI. She says " I can go in there and clean it up" I say "if its not too bad can we wait to see if I can bike and hike this year without too much trouble" she agrees cause she isn't one to suggest surgery at the drop of a hat. I like her. Fast forward to last week. I'm gettin some pain and swelling in the same knee. Gotta go back and have her check it out again. I'm thinkin if she reccomends arthorscopy I'll have it done this time. How many of you folks have had this surgery and how was the recovery? I know everyone is different but I'd like to know some of the stories anyway. I'm wondering if on down the line a knee replacement is in my future. I've been walking around on concrete for 42 years and its taken a toll for sure. Man gettin old isn't for sissies is it?