View Single Post
Old 02-24-11, 06:51 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by B.Alive
Great ideas folks!

I'm an outside salesman, so I actually have a lot of folks I could ask for a donation. However, this opens the door up for tickets for baseball teams, school fundraisers, candy, cookies, fire department raffles... I couhgtld go broke with the 100 or so people I deal with on a professional basis.

I think I may try a raffle at both of the offices I work with on a weekly basis. Maybe I'll try to get a package together that might spark interest... like a spring gardening basket, a gift certificate for dinner and a movie? I could sell $5 tickets for the raffle. It would only take 35 people for me to raise the last $175. I could ask at a few of the local places if they would be willing to donate something, or give me a discount, so I can build the raffles. I could even give them a MS receipt for their charity.
Some of my biggest donations have been business partners - suppliers & customers. You might try those... donations can be just the write-off they need.