Old 02-24-11, 08:28 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
This is precisely why I have long expressed my opinion that non-disabled people are just being selfish by driving everywhere they go. There is a limited, finite amount of cheap fuel available, and it is running out quickly. Using that fuel to go on joyrides when it is needed to grow and transport our food and for the mobility of disabled people is inappropriate, in my opinion. Obviously, the majority of Americans disagrees with me.
Myopic post.

For better or worse the fact is that most people live where to work and shop they have no choice but to drive. Plus, many of us live where there is winter. I mean real winter like the other day here when it was -35F with 35mph winds.

Nope, the decision on how we in America were going to get around was pretty well cast in concrete when GM bought out the public transportation systems and closed them and was finished when the interstate system was built. Now it is a matter of how we are going to do what we do most efficiently. Most of the time that does not include bicycles.