Old 02-25-11, 07:33 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I would try and go lower. it looks like a cheap bike from the '70s to me and new or not I don't think it is worth over $100. look at the how the stamped dropouts and crimped into the stays.

That Eagle with the integral protector looks like the one on my fabulous but cheap Royce Union I had in .... well lets say a few years back (giggle)
I was thinking the same. My first 10 speed bike was a Royce Union. The Eagle derailleur was the only good thing about it. They are bullet-proof. My American Eagle/Nishiki still runs one proudly. What I remember about the Royce Union was that the steel on the bolts was so soft that all the bolts stripped within the first 6 months.

I wouldn't buy this Tyler to ride, but if you are collecting it, its good condition makes it worthy of purchase. It probably sold for $50 new. $150 sounds too high. Try to bargain them down, if you can't, then only you can decide if it's worth that much to you personally. Your named price range is probably right for you.

The one red flag I notice is that they said that they found it in a box. If it was new and unassembled, why did they assemble it? Collector wise, it was probably worth more unassembled and in the box.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 02-25-11 at 07:38 AM.