View Single Post
Old 02-26-11, 06:19 PM
Push
Zeusmeatball

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Nomade Sprint, 1988 Specialized Rockhopper comp, 1991 Schwinn Crisscross, 2009 K2 Zed 3.2, 2011 Trek X-Caliber Gary Fisher collection

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Motobecane Nomade Sprint

I was dropping off some stuff at the local thrift store and saw this sitting behind a pile of kids bikes in their back room and it looked like it was in decent shape so I bought it. I have no idea of anything with these types of bikes as I usually look at older mountain bikes but like I said, it looked in ok shape so here I am and I thought I would post up some pics and see what I got. Its a Motobecane Nomade Sprint, a quick look on google and it appears to be a 1976? the derailleurs/shifters are Suntour, the brakes say Weinmann 610 Vainqueur 999 it also says "Built with 1020 Tubes Forks & Stays" and going off of the images and stuff I found for the 76 model year it all seems original.

Its pretty dirty but other than a few scratches seems in decent enough shape, so what say you? worth much? perhaps just some new tubes and tires and ride it for while? any info including a positive yes on the year would be appreciated! Thanks.

and a couple pictures I snapped before it got dark out.

Either way not bad for $13 I guess

As Ever
Me