View Single Post
Old 03-01-11, 11:41 AM
javal

Bikes: Monark sportser 1970, Monark sportser 1970ish, Monark folder, Mustand 1985, Monark Tempo 1999, Monark 318 1975, Crescent 319 1979, Crescent 325 c:a 1965, Crescent Starren 2002 (hybrid/sport), Nordstjernan 1960`s cruiser.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
We have loads of organised events here usually sponsored by Shimano (surprise surprise) , as Japan hasn't been totally infiltrated by the UCI yet. Because of this, it allows for all types of bike riders to compete / enter / enjoy the sport together, and not only be a spectator. Trust me, ALL types of bikes enter these events. Yes, it's all timed etc, but this is only for each rider to have an accurate recorded result for their own information. All entrants recieve a "fun pack" and prizes aren't awarded.

I mentioned the UCI hasn't infiltrated Japan yet, but unfortunately they are starting to grow here. Many beautiful Keirin tracks are closing down which is so sad. Note, those wanting a NJS frame better get your finger out, as my guess is they will be finished in the coming years.

In saying all that, Hybrids are flooding the streets of Japan, and cycling in general is growing at an uncredible pace. You would be shocked to see how many bike shops I have within a 1 km radius of my house.
...and this is also the situation in Sweden. www.vatternrundan.se