Thread: Im done....
View Single Post
Old 03-01-11, 04:37 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I understand cutting way back - the current fleet must be ridden but I'd have a hard time even trimming back 50% of my fleet.
I cycle between too many projects and almost none. I'm currently working on two new builds (not C&V) and one C&V refurbish. I just completed a U08 and a TT bike - the first since an 8 week kitchen remodel.

I hope to concentrate on riding and building my 3 speed IH commuter for the next few weeks. I will participate in the two large spring community yard sales but be a bit more selective. If something falls in my lap I will take advantage of it. Otherwise I need to scale back. I have not kept records like you did but most of my fleet was financed by flipping. I have enough bike cash on hand for maintenance and some nice upgrades for a few years.

I recommend selling or deposing of any part that does not directly support maintenance of your bikes. In my case, extra parts are always the catalyst for new builds.