View Single Post
Old 03-08-11, 11:43 AM
ride2ride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 2500 with first gen STI 7400

I purchased a Trek 2500 in the 1991-92 season couple weeks before Mount Mitchell when a wheel burst on my old bike on some hill. I did 3 weeks at 230 per week and then mount mitchell. So, that is approximately 800 miles on the bike. Life happened and it has been gathering dust since.

I started the process of switching to a compact front crank. I had purchase three cassettes with top teeth of 21 (stock), 26 and 28. The front crank is 165 mm with 53 / 42.

I have recently decided to switch the front crank to a compact set when I struggled to get the 26 rear tooth up a local hill while in wonderment thinking about pushing this thing up mount mitchell 19 years earlier.

In working on figuring out with wonderment which tools are needed for the 7400 set and at the same time thinking shimano must get a cut of every new tool sold ... I discovered this forum.

It occurred to me that maybe it might be better to sell this bike and buy a new one depending on the value.

There is no rust on the bike. The sti shifters have no rust, but imperfections in the chrome. The left side screw in dust cover has no dura-ace emblem on it with one scratch. Other than that, it is mint. It also has an wired avocet 30 and a spare 36 ultegra front ring of 1991 vintage.

What is this bike and potentially the other components worth?