Old 03-16-11, 05:19 AM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gubaguba
If you walk into my store and stealth shop you are breaking the law. So explain to me the difference. Is it now OK for me ride my bike to your house and stealth help myself to your belongings? Its stealing.

By engaging in this activity you respect no one but yourself. It is the height of arrogance.
You lost me at the stealth shopping. The difference between being concerned for the environment and being concerned for a arbitrary property rights is that tromping through a delicate environment will damage it while camping on the corner of someone's property for one night can leave the property in the same state it was when you arrived. So stealth camping can have no impact if the environment isn't delicate. The owner is not harmed and the property is not harmed.

Since you brought up the stealth shopping it would be the difference between stealing a chocolate bar and eating it at the shop or sitting down in the camping section of Walmart and breaking out a sandwich you made at home. Walmart might not like it, but if you are quiet and tidy you can be gone before anyone notices and the store suffers no loss.