View Single Post
Old 06-07-05, 07:16 PM
Stubacca

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheel Doctor
Since I am a EB fan, my question is this. Why the Candy? While I like th Candy and have a set, I prefer for MTB use the basic simple EB originals. I have ridden the Candy off road and found them to be harder to clip in and I found no advantage to the lil' platform.

I can feel no discernable difference between the original and the Candy. Is it the platform you want while choosing to be unclipped?
Yep, if I were buying again, I'd just go for the regular EBs. The tiny advantage you get from the bit of platform is heavily outweighed by being harder to clip in.

The EB mechanism has a four sided entry. With the regular EB, it's really easy to clip in because you just hook the front of the cleat into the mech and it will easily spin and engage. With the Candy, you have to spin the mech inside the platform surround, which is much harder to do. With regular EBs, I can be engaged before the pedal even reaches 12 o'clock. With the Candys, it can take a revolution or two.