liberalswine
ganja mon

Bikes: affinity marta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I Have a Bike
Is a non sloping top tube that vitally important?

I mean, I get aesthetic value and all, but it's probably going to be impossible to find a small enough frame without a sloping top tube that she can ride comfortably. Is this the same GF with the carpal tunnel problems? Because if it is, shes's probably going to have the same problem on those listed frames because the top tube is almost the same length.
Yeah, this is the same person. Aesthetically she would like a non-sloping top tube. As for tt length, I'm hoping running a shorter stem would help as well given the one she is using right now is a 110mm 0 rise. Thinkin about finding a 60mm with more rise, and the 44cm kilo frameset however the slope is an aesthetic issue for her.

I think our next move is to find her a 650c track frame just to eliminate all the issues all together assuming that the tt will be shorter and c-c, c-t is minimized compared to her current frameset. But finding one with a lugged fork will be difficult. So far I've only seen 650 track frames made by affinity, fuji, and iro. The affinity is the only one with a lugged fork, but the smallest size has a taller seat tube than hers.

This sucks. I think I'm just going to build her a custom lugged frameset myself. Haha! Only if it were that easy