Old 03-18-11, 06:05 PM
dgrenthum

Bikes: 2010 Hardrock Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
witnessed a cyclist hit by a car today, be safe

crazy, was taking my kid to the doctor and was on a busy two lane road. I was headed east and a car pulled out of a side road to head west. Unfortunately, a cyclist crossed right in front of the car as the car was trying to hurry into traffic. The cyclist had the right of way but I'd be damned if i was to cross in front of a car at an intersection without them acknowledging me. Well not since i was hit by a car

I stopped to render aid and he was in the middle of the intersection. He insisted on moving out of the intersection. Left leg injury but no blood. Lucky guy i guess, if i would have been 2 seconds sooner him launching off the guys hood would have put him into the side of my car or under my wheel.

Driver was cool. Had his cell phone out as soon as he got out of the car. Asked the cyclist to lie there while he got help. Moved the guys bike out of the intersection. He questioned having an ambulance sent and i insisted. I feel bad i didnt stay.....I wonder if i should call and make a statement, other witnesses were there when i left. hmmmm....

All in All......Public Safety reminder: Be aware, you might have the right away but its not worth getting smashed for.