View Single Post
Old 03-22-11, 06:21 PM
radial1999

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ordered a Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro Ti

Yesterday I finally decided on a bike and after looking at what limited supply local shops had in terms of cyclocross and touring bikes (and what they cost), I decided on the bikes direct Fantom Cross Pro titanium.

I doubt many people on the forums have this exact bike but if you do, feel free to post how you like it. It has actually been difficult to sort through reviews online because of how many results turn out to be reviews of the fantom pro ti mountain bike.

I already pretty much know I won't be throwing disc brakes on this bike but I love that it has the option, in case I start riding it in bad weather (which I don't plan to do with such an expensive bike). I can't wait to throw this thing together, although even if it shows up this week I probably won't be able to even begin building until Saturday night because of work. But it gives me something to look forward to. Anyways, feel free to post any reviews. I already know it's the right bike for me because I've spent countless hours researching but I'm still interested to see reviews straight from owners of this bike (or the aluminum version if that's what you have) rather than opinions about bikesdirect in general.
Mine has the Vuelta XRP Pro wheels with the option of running disc brakes, SRAM Rival shifters/derailleurs, a lot of assorted Ritchey parts (stem, bars, seatpost), FSA Gossamer Cross MegaEXO cranks. I can't wait.