Old 03-27-11, 11:29 AM
victorian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Further detail on route from airport

Originally Posted by RHoude
Here is the route I suggest. It is the safest and most panoramic at the same time. You will love riding down the Lachine Canal. Once you get to Lakeshore Road, you join up with a bike path that splits off at 55th Ave into a separate dedicated bike path. On the Lachine Canal, you will cross-over onto the north side at Atwater Market, then up Atwater ave to Maisonneuve W.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...ce37cfff2e513e

Let me know if you have problems with the map.

Ron
Ron, I know it's been quite some time since you posted this map, but I'm hoping you can provide further details. I'm coming to Montreal with my family (including two children -- 7 year old on trail-a-bike, 9 year old on own bike) and we plan to ride in from the airport. We have no difficulty riding on low-to-mid traffic level roads (and will sidewalk ride where necessary) but it's not clear from your map how you get from Avenue Cardinal to Avenue Dorval. I've seen references to a pedestrian underpass at the train station -- is that part of your route? Do you need to ride on 520 (Cote de Leisse)? From Google streetview, it seems there is a sidewalk on that road -- is there?

Any additional descriptive information you (or anyone else) can provide would be fantastic. I've pored over Google Streetview trying to figure this out, but as you know, that can become quite frustrating after a while!

Thanks.