View Single Post
Old 03-30-11, 06:39 AM
alecw35

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I had problems of everytime I go out the bike has a puncture. Its so annoying. I think its that Im riding on tarmac bike paths mostly. so there not swept with the draft of cars and trucks.
I got a pair of red tyres. Kenda Kontact. in 2.25 size. a bit of a tight fit in the forks. had to massage the mudguard stays.
As usual. the bikes in the room with a flat rear tyre.

Ive got some other bikes recently. been haunting the scrap yard in town. I got an alloy bmx for £5, this week. No seat pin. but otherwise ok. Plans are to strip the gold laquer off the frame and polish it up.

I did find another bmx in the river recently. I took it to police lost property. if no one claims it. I get it in 3 months.

I dont know what make it is. I think it said mongoose on the gyro. I had been riding about on it. Looking at the pic I took beside the police station. Its got bent forks. That'll explain the brake rubbing the tyre. I was thinking just strip it for bits. I got a Raleigh burner mark1 from the scrap yard a while ago.

I built it up. Suprise suprise. Its sitting in the room with a tube that exploded. I could use the chrome bikes bits on the Burner. But Ive been looking at minivelos on here. So thinking of fitting a pair of suspension forks, the stem from a Bart Simpson cruiser, its 22.2mm shaft, but bmx top. Build a 3 speed hub to a 20" rim. Maybe get a racer crank and mod the chainring to fit the bmx.
Ive had a 3 speed bmx before. But it didnt work all that well. due to the bars were from a scooter and too big. the cranks were 180mm. so tiring to pedal any distance