Old 03-30-11, 06:33 PM
BCRider

Bikes: Norco (2), Miyata, Canondale, Soma, Redline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevestrat
BC Rider- Serfas isnt recommending this~ it was stated in a customer review of the tire. I have never heard of doing this either. Thx- Steve
Then I would give it all the due consideration it deserves based on it being one isolated opinion and in light of the tire makers never having said any such thing at any time that I've ever seen.

The only "break in" that I use on new tires is to ride or drive a trifle conservative for the first few miles and/or leans into turns until I'm sure the waxy shipping or manufacturing coating on my car and motorcycle tires is scuffed off. Nothing like a silly dump at the end of the parking lot pulling away on waxy tires from the dealership.... You may laugh but YouTube is full of such first moment videos for sportbikes newly picked up or with new tires freshly mounted.

On our bicycles? Harly an issue since the "engine" doesn't have the moxie to produce such embarassing moments and there's so little contact that just riding for a mile is more than enough to scuff 'em fresh of what may be on them.