View Single Post
Old 03-31-11, 06:44 AM
Amesja
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Schwinnsta
I think I have one (46T) that is in very nice condition BUT it is from a Royal Scot, Raleigh B line, and is not the Heron pattern. No R nuts either. One of the cranks shows a little tinge of rust but I think it would clean.

I would like to trade even for a rear rack in Bronze Green in similar condition. I am not sure if this is an even trade. I have not been following eBay of late except for the price of R nuts, which is obscene.

Email if you are interested in discussing this.
Be aware that the R-nuts only work with original raleigh-threaded cotters. New commercially-available cotters have a different threading that the old R-nuts are not compatible with. There is a guy out there machining the cotters with the Raleigh thread but they aren't as cheap as the ones you can buy at a bike shop.

This guy makes a set for $20 plus shipping. Don't forget to add that to the price of acquiring the nuts themselves if the set you have isn't OEM and/or serviceable condition.

If the OP isn't interested in that crankset I would be willing to trade you a set of R nuts for just the left-side e crank if it is 165mm.