Old 04-02-11, 01:33 PM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
And one more thing (I deal with eBay a lot). You can't hurt yourself by contacting eBay ahead of him. What I mean is go to google and search for "ebay live help" (sounds dumb but it's easier to find searching this way than going all over the eBay site for it). This will give you a link to their live help. When you get connected, explain the situation and how you are trying to help and ask them what they think the best way of dealing with the situation. Explain you want to do the right thing but also, you feel you're being taken advantage of, etc.

This situation highlights something I've learned on eBay and that's to over describe things especially the bad things. When I sold a water-damaged iPhone that worked perfectly, I used the title "water-damaged iphone" and then proceeded to describe the condition, that it was working fine but that water damage was unpredictable and I made no guarantees it would continue to work without problems. I sold it (made a profit on what I paid for it believe it or not) and fully protected myself. I always thing to myself when I list something "what's wrong with this thing?" and then add that to the description as clearly as I can. Then it's not my problem if someone can't or doesn't read the fine print. Good luck with this. FWIW, I think you've handled it well. I would be satisfied if I was the buyer.