Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 04-05-11, 12:51 PM
junglism

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wow mtalinm you're one lucky guy! - been a bit the opposite for me.
my rear rim failed. not sure when. it's been rubbing the brakes for a couple of days now. pretty silly but i just assumed that it just needed some truing. and when i finally got around to it today, i realized that the rim has cracked. im really lucky i didnt get a blowout as a result. i think what sealed the coffin was riding in to the market with about 30kg of stuff to sell (i weigh about 70kg)

a bit disappointed as i've only had my swift 1.5yrs, but i have ridden through 2 winters, and have probably got a bit of grit wearing through those rims.. would really like to get some of those calipers to see if rim-wear was the problem.... No idea the distances i've covered. work-home is only 3miles. though i do use it for all of my transport..

anyway, as it happens, i'm planning to go on a cycle tour to portugal in a couple of weeks and need to get this fixed. and my problem at the moment is in finding a 20" wheel with a hub so i can swap the 8spd cassette over to it.... and i just cant find any? do i need to get one built? am in london so appreciate if anybody knows where to get these?

my girlfriend is always giving me sh*t for my "ridiculous" bike so i have to get this fixed quick smart