Old 04-05-11, 03:06 PM
RC_spinner

Bikes: 90's Fuji, bought off ebay, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A few days late, but here is my review:

What a fantastic day for a bike ride!!! I loved the controlled staggered start and could see where there would have been big problems if it was a mass start. The roughest road seemed to be on the way back from the lake just before the second rest stop which was well stocked (as well as the first one at White Rock). as per most rides, there was a bit of carnage. Heck, after registering that morning and going back to the truck, I saw a guy sink his front tire into one of those groves in the pavement @ City Hall!
My official stats were:
On the bike time: 2hrs 5mins 51sec. Distance 28.0 miles Avg speed 13.2mph Max: 26mph Total time 2hrs 30mins

My time was slowed by a wardrobe malfunction I had during the ride. the bottom of my cleats came off my shoes. The first was right at the 8mile/20-30 mile Split headed up Swiss. The second one came off at the first rest stop. that made for a fun time going up Winstead and then thru the Ellsworth uphill.

Shortly after I created this thread, I hurt my knee while doing squats and it was quite questionable if I was going to do it because on Thursday I could barley walk and I was quite dissapointed. But thankfully it got better enough by ride day even though it cost me 5 extra bucks.
I'll post my pics later.
Chris