Old 04-08-11, 01:00 PM
thesearethesuns

Bikes: Currently--1978 Schwinn Le Tour III hand me down, 2006 Kona Sutra frame I am currently building up. Past bicycles: 2010 Surly LHT, 2008 Trek 3900 MTB. Childhood bicycles: 1992/3? Giant Attraction, a Huffy, a Mongoose BMX style bike, first bike a BMX.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chiroptile View Post
I know what you mean! They usually they have the south walk open. That one has a very tight little snakeway that takes you to the main span on the NYC side, and once you get across, it's pretty much a straight ramp into Fort Lee. You can negotiate the whole thing without getting off your bike once. Every now and then they close that way down, and redirect foot/cycle traffic to the north walk.. The one with all the stairs. Definitely wouldn't want to leave anything unattended running back and forth between bike and bags.. You threw your back out?! Did that put an end to your tour for a while, or did you troop it out? I threw mine a couple of years ago, and could barely move for a good week. Can't imagine that happening on the GWB, and mid-tour to boot.
Oh yeah, I rode on for another 50 miles to Suffern, NY, and I was surely sufferin' as I couldn't stand up straight for the rest of the day, and all of the following morning. The next day I decided (wisely) to take NJ Transit back to Penn Station and called it quits. I learned two things: even though I spent most of that morning stretching, you need weeks of good stretching (not just biking) before heading out on a tour. And of course, never to take my bicycle over the GW again.