View Single Post
Old 04-11-11, 02:11 PM
rjfrzb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
re: prescription glasses

Like anything related to bicycling, it depends on your budget.

I wanted it all, progressive lenses, transitions for varying light and ability to use them for cycling and driving. I opted for Oakley Jawbones with Drivewear progressive lenses. The Jawbones offer protection from the wind and the Drivewear lenses work for driving and cycling.

As Drivewear is not well known in France, it has been a bit of a challenge, but the optometrist has been understanding and willing to work with me so it has worked out in the end.

Can't compare them to Transitions, but have found they work well in low light to bright light with no issues. I'm able to read my Garmin easily, no fogging, and no more tearing when descending hills. Really a great combo.

It wasn't possible to try other options, so cannot compare to others such as Rudy. Overall I'm really happy, especially as I am able to wear them inside and out, and they are especially great when driving. No problem with windshield UV filtering.

The only downside is they are relatively expensive and Drivewear is not well known.