Old 04-14-11, 12:27 AM
Moe Malik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie getting his first real bike tomorrow (Trek Soho S) - Things to ask my LBS?

Hey guys,

I know many of you here are seasoned professionals when it comes to bikes and know them in and out completely. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out here. I'm getting a 2011 Trek Soho S tomorrow, and I'm real excited. I plan on making sure that I leave the store with top-notch locks (ideally if they have it a Krypotine NYU Fagheddabboutit Mini U-Lock and some cable for the front wheel), and possibly better pedals/seats because I heard the ones that come with the Soho S are not the best.

Besides that however, I was wondering if you guys know of anything else important (or not-so-important) that I should ask my LBS before I leave it with my bike? Because I do not want to go to this place again anytime soon since it's sorta far (20+ minutes away and my mom has to drive me lol). So I don't want this to happen:

I'm riding my bike and I feel that [certain thing] is not right size/working properly/adjusted correctly, etc. Things that I may not even really understand or know because I'm such a newbie.

Whatever it is, anything you feel that I should get checked out/asked out before I leave the LBS, I would unbelievably appreciate it I could be informed about it.

Thank you so much!