Old 04-14-11, 08:09 AM
kamilb1998

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Author Matrix SX 'lowrider/chopper' bike build

This was my bike which I've had since 2004 IIRC. Having covered over 5000 reckless miles, it started looking very rough; and wasn't really looked after that well by me as I was quite young. When I got my BOSS Stealth (early 2010), I stripped it completely, put it into a couple coats of primer ready for paint and put it in the garage loft. With the hope that I'll get some time to rebuild it. I got it out recently, gave it a quick wash - everything up there was coverd in inches of dust, especially after stripping all the lacquer off the Jag's wood in there - and got thinking about the new paint for it. After a couple of days photoshopping I decided to go for Land Rover British Racing Green Metallic with Gold Wheels. At that point I also decided that I should maybe do something to it to make it stand out from the crowd; and so I did. A smaller (20") rear wheel to make for a 'chopper' style look. A weekend later the frame and wheels were painted, and the bike is now mostly put together. It is still however on the stand awaiting the postman to turn up with a chain link tool, tyres, inner tubes and a chain link tool to fit the new chain I got for it.

Enough talking, time for pictures. I've had opinions on it ranging from WTF to weird but cool to I want one like that. So what do you lot think of it and the paint job quality on it?

Just got round to completing it this morning, with a new chain, tyres, inner tubes & pedals (not in pic).