Hopper
Ride bike or bike ride?

Bikes: MongoosePro DH, Dart custom road bike, .243 Racing FR street bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Terrible racing season just keeps sucking

As many of you know at my last race Ibruised some ribs and destroyed my ankle. Well today I had another race and what do you know, I got a concussion doing a front flip while pumping my bike through a G out at arounf 50 or 60 km/h on the fastest part of the track. From other peoples accounts I am very happy I had a full face helmet on, from what I have been told happened to me is.

I pedalled full speed down the long straight, cornered through the gate perfect but the g out is just after a corner. As I was going faster than usual I was still turning as I hit it and who I normally do is manual to it an lower the front gently, well I was still truning when I hit the thing. When my backwheel hit the g out my front end was thrown down hard and crooked, my rear end just flipped over, I landed on my face, rolled over on the top of my head and smashed down on my back. All while still holding my bars so no breaking the fall with my hands.

What really annoys me is I was doing a beautiful run, I was catching up to the guy infront od me who usually places around the top 5. I was seriously cooking

So far this year I have been in 2 local races and have had 3 reasonably serious crashes all up, one today, one during the first race which left me with bruise dribs and one after the first race which screwed up my ankle. I hate the fact I always go over the limit while racing and do perfectly in practice.