Aquakitty
Canadian Chick

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dabac
Well, the M525 isn't supposed to come apart like that, see here: and it's really weird that the splined nub on the freehub body seems to be lubed. You might try a repair if you wish. Stick body back on. Unbolt body from nub. Clean both splined faces thoroughly, smear on a good epoxy, or even better - a loctite product for fixing bushings in place. Press nub into hub, allow to cure. Reassemble body. Ride on.

The threads inside the hub body are stripped except for 2 at the end. Once the freehub body is back on the threads are too far away for the bolt to catch... I am just gonna order a new one. Gah this has been the biggest pain in the ass! I should have taken a better look at it when it first blew up. Either the weight on it just caused the bolt to come out or whoever I bought it from serviced it and never screwed it back together properly. The way it is stripped though seems like it just worked itself out. I assume the grease squeezed through the cracks since the freehub body wasn't connected to the hub.

Thanks for the help!