View Single Post
Old 04-24-11, 09:26 PM
chiroptile

Bikes: Cannondale T 500 CAD2, Bianchi Via Nirone 7 AluCarbon, Bianchi Pista Concept, Kona Kikapu, Crosswave Country (tourer), Bridgestone Kabuki Project, Brompton 6, Specialized XC, Huffy something orother.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bridgestone Kabuki Before and After

About three years back I was going through the Craigslist bike postings when I happened across a person who was moving to Japan. He said he could not take his bicycle with him, but would leave it outside of his house.. First person to pick it up keeps it. He kindly provided an address. The date was April 1st, mind you.. Seemed legit enough, still, so I made the drive.

The Bicycle was a Bridgestone Kabuki. I'm not sure the year or the model on it. It came with Suntour Seven derailleurs and Suntour stem shifters, Dia Compe center pull brakes, and a pretty nice crankset for an old steelo.. The rims were steel. it had simple lugs.. I'd read about Kabuki bikes using a quill seat post. This one was not.. It had a regular clamp bolt.

After riding around on it for some time, I got the urge to clean it up a bit. And.. The urge got a little out of hand. Not much remains of the Kabuki, save for the frame. I kept the wheels at 27 inches, and it is now a seven speed. 105 Derailleurs, Ultegra Bar end shifters. Shimano Levers.. Rival Crankset. Don't know if the frame is worth it. Had to cold set the rear triangle to fit a Tiagra hub. Kind of a Frankenstein, but it rides really nicely, and I love it.

Before

After