Old 04-25-11, 02:42 PM
dangercoyote

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought a Surly LHT Frame. Me 5'6", Frame 46cm. Will It Work?

I bought a Surly LHT a few weeks back on CL. Being 5' 6" and the frame 46cm I was sure it was too small for me, but it was at such a great price I figured I could buy it, slap some wheels and bars on it to see if it will fit, and if nothing else sell it for more than I paid for it. It's just been sitting in my room, and it is time for me to come to a conclusion, and start building it, or sell it. One thing I'm needing out of the bike is an upright position, to keep pressure of my wrists. It looks like I could do that if I bought a new fork, since the uncut steerer is 300mm... but I then wonder if the extra long steerer will interfere with riding no-hands (and look just plain goofy). Here's some pics below, which should give you an idea what I would look like on the bike if it was built. The (second) pic is of me straddling the bike, standing on a couple boards, which would put me at the height I would be if I was standing on about 180mm cranks (though I would be using 170). The (first) is the same thought I'm holding my hands about where I would like the bars to be (and yes I should have been crouching as if I was sitting... but I didn't, and the camera batteries are dead, so I can't redo it right now). The 3rd pic it the LHT next to my Speed 7... which I would like an inch or two further reach from, but can't seem to get. 4th pic, me stand behind the bike. So from the information given here, what do you guys think? Have you heard of anyone my height riding a 46cm LHT?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF8247.jpg (97.1 KB, 285 views)
DSCF8246.jpg (97.4 KB, 226 views)
DSCF7977.jpg (85.6 KB, 215 views)
DSCF7981.jpg (98.6 KB, 486 views)

Last edited by dangercoyote; 04-25-11 at 02:50 PM.